East View Housing offer a comprehensive training package which includes induction, mandatory and vocational opportunities.
No matter the workplace, having support staff who are fully trained and equipped with the appropriate knowledge and skills to do their job efficiently is essential for day-to-day work. Within the care sector, friends and family of those in need want to know that staff are able to do their jobs competently and consistently. In addition, staff are required to fulfil their duties efficiently and demonstrate this to the Care Quality Commission. When staff have the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge, they will feel empowered to do their job confidently.
There are many skills required for those working in the health and social care sector: adult safeguarding, health and safety, plus many more areas of proficiency. Below is a selection of the training courses we provide:
- Being a Key worker
- Rights, dignity, choice and respect
- Mental Capacity Act
- Moving and Handling Awareness
- Nutrition and Diet
- Dying, Death and Bereavement
- Medication Theory
- Safeguarding Adults at Risk
- Food Hygiene
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Record Keeping
- Effective Communication
- Infection Control
- Deprivation of Liberty
Benefits of Health and Social Care Training
- Empowerment and Confidence: If employees feel confident in their knowledge and skills, they will feel more positive about the job overall. A confident employee may also be willing to take on new challenges and feel more comfortable working with others.
- Better Quality of Service: Trained staff will no doubt provide a high quality of life for care home residents. This is a key reason for thorough staff training, as the quality of service provided is an essential part of working in health and social care.
- Retention of Staff: Employees who receive training and development from their employer are more likely to feel satisfied in their job. In turn, this can lead to an increase in retention rates, which is beneficial for the whole organisation.