East View Housing place the rights of the resident at the forefront of their philosophy of operation. It is accepted practice for individuals to express and exercise their rights.
East View Housing aim to assist each individual service user to maintain their civil rights in the following ways:
- Provide easy access for individual service users, friends and relatives to comment on their experiences of the services that are available to the service user.
- Provide an honest open forum for discussion
- Encourage individual service users to make full use of the services present in their local community and beyond, without hindrance or fear of discrimination.
Right to Choose
East View Housing will help service users choose the best way forward from a range of lifestyle options for every aspect of their life. We will aim to enable service users to exercise the opportunity to select from a range of options in all aspects of their lives, in the following ways:
- By encouraging service users to exercise informed choice in their selection of services and activities available to them.
- To manage our support services so far as possible to meet service user preferences as regarding the support staff we employ.
- Avoiding wherever possible treating service users as a homogenous group.
- Providing options and choice wherever possible to each individual in the planning of their care or support through discussions.
Right to Fulfillment
East View Housing will enable service users to realise personal aspirations and abilities in all aspects of their lives. We seek to assist this in the following ways:
- Understanding as fully as possible what the service user’s wishes and aspirations are.
- Responding appropriately to the personal, intellectual, artistic and spiritual values and practices of each individual.
- Respecting each service user’s religious, ethnic and cultural diversity.
- Attending promptly to a service user’s desire to communicate at whatever level.
- Committing time and effort to enable each individual to achieve their aims and objectives wherever possible and practicable.
- Responding sensitively and appropriately to special requirements and needs of service users who wish to plan for or are close to death.