We strive to retain as much privacy as possible for each individual service user in the following ways:
- Giving assistance to personal situations with dignity and discretion.
- Guaranteeing a service user’s privacy when using the telephone, opening and reading post and communicating with friends, relatives and advisors where the need arises.
- Ensuring the security and confidentiality of information that the company holds about service users in line with GDPR guidelines
- Unless authorized to be a key holder, support staff will only gain entry into an individual’s home by invitation.
It is East View Housing’s opinion that disabilities can quickly undermine dignity if unchecked, so we try to preserve respect for the individuals we provide a service to in the following ways:
- Treating each service user as an individual with individual needs and requirements.
- Helping service users to present themselves to others as they wish through their own individualism whilst being mindful of the need for social conformity in relation to behaviours and actions.
- Tackling the stigma that individual service users may suffer through age, disability or status.
- Addressing individuals by their preferred title.
East View Housing believe all service users should be encouraged to maintain as much independence and individuality as is practicably possible in the following ways:
- Providing, as tactfully as possible, human and technical support and assistance when it is needed.
- Maximising the abilities of individual service users for self-care, independent interaction with others and for carrying out tasks of daily living unaided.
- Assisting service users to take reasonable, weighted and fully thought out risks.
- Promoting opportunities for service users to establish and retain contacts beyond their home.
- Encouraging service users to have access to and contribute to the records of their own care. All service users receive a copy of their Life Plan.